Here are some tips on how to save money on your upcoming holiday:
- Get some exciting early bird discounts on your flights and hotels. If you book 6 months in advance, you can save up to 30% on your travel and accommodation costs.
- Visit Travel EXPO! Most travel agencies release really good deals, tailored especially for EXPO!, and you’d be crazy not to take advantage of it.
- Always compare hotel rates and get the best deal.
- Avoid peak seasons, since they are the most expensive times to travel. Off-peak seasons see discounts of up to 30% on the cost of accommodation and traveling fees, plus you’ll avoid the masses of tourists that might actually cramp your style.
- Local markets are excellent for sourcing fresh produce, which is a great way to save you hundreds on the costs of dining out at restaurants. Not only will cooking your own food give you an authentic experience, but you’ll be feasting on the real local food while saving all the way.
- Make sure you do your homework on promotions and specials that might be running while you’re traveling. A lot of resorts and touristic areas have seasonal specialties running that include discounted dining, traveling and sightseeing packages up for grabs.