The good news is that it can be a hassle free deal if you follow the correct route, and hiring a car for your holiday can actually cut costs significantly and give you a little more freedom to explore the wonders that lie off the beaten path. We’ve got some great tips lined up for you to make the process that much simpler:
- Visit websites and compare the best rates before you stick to just one service provider.
- Book your rental car in advance.
- If it’s possible pay the rental before you leave home to eliminate inflated costs
- Make sure that you meet the requirements for the minimum and maximum age for renting a car in the country you’re visiting
- Make use of a smaller car to cut costs
- Opt for a manual transmission car rather than an automatic to help you save costs
- Ensure that you get your international driving permit from the AA
Self-driving in a rental car abroad can open up many doors that are closed for tourists who stick to shuttle services. As long as you’ve got the legalities and paperwork sorted, all you need to do is remember that GPS and have fun out on the road!